The Age of Azure IoT Edge
May 10, 2018Tags:
IoTEdge - Azure
Thanks Affix for taking/producing this photo on the night :)
Azure IoT Edge is a great offering by Microsoft that simplifies building, deploying, and monitoring code modules for IoT Edge devices. Last night I gave a talk at Melbourne Azure meetup about Azure IoT Edge. I have put the slides here for anybody who is interested.
The talk mostly cover the following points:
- What are the main characteristics and challenges of IoT Solutions? and how can Edge Computing help in solving them.
- What’s Azure IoT Edge offering?
- What’s the Azure IoT Edge Runtime?
- What’s the role of the Azure IoT Edge Agent and the IoT Edge Hub?
- When to use an Azure IoT Solution in the cloud and when to have the intelligence modules running on the Edge?
- And also covering all the annoucements from Microsoft Build 2018 that are related to IoT and IoT Edge.
The slides are here, and I hope you find them useful. If you have any questions or concerns, I would love to hear from you.
Full slides of my talk at Melbourne Azure Nights (May 2018)
The full version of the slides can be found here
If you have a comment, feedback or a question, I would love to hear from you